Tuesday, August 25, 2009

~Teaser Tuesday~


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:* Grab your current read* Open to a random page* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! ;)

That was then. This was now. With the gateway to hell behind her, at two in the morning Lily walked through Tompkins Square and sat on the bench and watched wasted people shuffle through the paths, talking to themselves or to each other, rummaging in their ripped pockets, adjusting their rags, looking for a lost bill, or a bit of old powder that they could eat or snort. ~The Girl In Times Square by Paullina Simons

What's your teaser today?




16 comments:

Amy said...

Interesting teaser! I hope you're enjoying the book.

kayerj said...

sounds like she's in a tough place. thanks for stopping by.

Lisa said...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE PAULLINA SIMONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, tomorrow I am doing a review of one of my top 5 all time fav books, The Bronze Horseman!!!!!!!! Great teaser.. I have not read this one yet! Have you read The Bronze Horseman trilogy yet??

Literature Crazy said...

Interesting. It sounds post-apocalyptic. Is it?

Missy B. said...

It does sound post-apocalyptic but it isn't. :)

Lisa: I have not read The Bronze Horseman trilogy...I have been hesitant because I don't care for "historical" type stories. I tend to stick more to contemporary fiction. Paullina Simons is without a doubt, an awesome writer. I am loving this book. I also loved Tully...have you read that one?

gautami tripathy said...

This sure sounds like a good read!

Teaser Tuesdays: Faces In The Fire by T L Hines

Arielle said...

Hey Missy, I have a little award for you on my blog: http://bookatopia.blogspot.com/2009/08/super-comments-award.html

:)

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

I've added you to my blogroll, Missy! Thanks!

Great teaser by the way. That last sentence is one long sentence - very descriptive though. I like the sound of this book.

Hugs,

Sassy
:)

Lisa said...

Well, at least the gateway to hell is behind her, not in front of her. Good teaser!

My teasers are here.

Cathy said...

An intriguing teaser! Hope you enjoy it.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I have not heard of this book, but I enjoyed the teaser; thanks

Jo-Jo said...

Very interesting teaser...I'm just not sure what to think of it!

Natalie W said...

Sounds like a great read. Nice teaser!

Cecelia said...

Sounds dark, interesting, and maybe the slightest bit disturbing. Just my thing. Thanks for the teaser!

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

I haven't read this book but I've heard of the author before. The teaser definitely got my attention =) I'm looking forward to your review.

The Bookworm said...

interesting teaser!
happy reading :)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva