Sunday, August 16, 2009

~More 1979~




US GDP (1998 dollars): $2,557.50 billion

Federal spending: $504.03 billion

Federal debt: $829.5 billion

Median Household Income(current dollars): $16,461
Consumer Price Index: 72.6
Unemployment: 5.8%

Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.15


August 25, 1979: "My Sharona" by The Knack hits #1 on the Billboard charts. This is the first time in over a year that a song hits #1 that isn't either a disco song or a ballad. It remains at #1 for 8 weeks.

















7 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

15 cents for a stamp! I can't believe how the cost has gone up over the recent years--thank goodness for online bill payments!

Nikola said...

I love that song!

Yvonne said...

I just love these blasts from the pasts. Thank you for posting!

Natalie W said...

One of my favorite songs as a teenager!

Kitten said...

Oooh, my little pretty one! My pretty one!
M-m-m-myyyyyyyyyyy Sharona!!!!

LOVE THAT SONG!!!

Louise said...

I love those flashbakcs, and am thinking I could do the same on my Danish blog :-)

Jenny Girl said...

Oh I'm having a flashback! Too funny and still a great song imho :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva