Wednesday, August 12, 2009

~Book Review - Giv~The Story of a Dog and America by Boston Teran~



From the back cover:

My name is Dean Hickok. Sergeant, late of the U.S. Marines. I authored this work, though I did not create its people nor their stories. These, you will come to find, I inherited.

"Pain must be shared if it is to be purged from the soul. And to do that, people must live out in the open where others can find them. But in order to be found, one must have faith they can be found, and believe they are worth finding" pg.151*


Giv tells the story of Dean Hickok and his path across America to help a stray dog. The dog's name is Giv.


Giv's story weaves a pattern across many miles, while touching many lives along the way. It's a heartwarming tale of a dog who was loved by many and gave unconditional love in return.


I can't really say much more about the book...I don't want to spoil it for others. Just know that this is a book worth reading. It touched my heart like no other book I have ever read.


"There are some dogs that touch you in ways you cannot explain. They seem to go to the primal forest and ancient well of the invisible beyond the visible within you. And once that place is touched, time seems to fall immensely around your heart for the months or years you're granted their presence." pg 31*


FIVE STARS


Publisher: High Top Publishing LLC


240 Pages


ISBN: 978-1-56703-014-3


*These quotes were taken from an uncorrected proof ARC.


giv-thestoryofadogandamerica.com




5 comments:

Carol Murdock said...

Missy, you sold me, I'm adding it to my Amazon list! :)

Natalie W said...

Oh wow! I went to the website and read his story, sounds like an awesome read. I'm putting this at the top of my must read list!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Mmmmn - sounds interesting.

"And once that place is touched, time seems to fall immensely around your heart for the months or years you're granted their presence"

Thoughtful line.

Linda Nguyen said...

I think this is going on my TBR list. Who doesn't like puppies? Thank you for sharing. =)

Blodeuedd said...

Now you got my curious when you left us with that :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva