Monday, August 3, 2009

~Musing Mondays~




Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is a library habits meme…

This week we have a library meme courtesy of MizB:

Library Habits meme:
1) If you don't frequent your local library, why not?
The time limit on books checked out is not long enough for me.
2) If you do visit the library, how often do you go?
I used to go every 2 weeks.
3) Do you have a favorite section that you always head to first, or do you just randomly peruse the shelves?
Randomly peruse the shelves.
4) How many books are you allowed to check out at one time? Do you take advantage of this?
I don't think that there is a limit. I have taken advantage of it from time to time.
5) How long are you allowed to have the books checked out?
21 days
6) How many times are you allowed to renew your check-outs, if at all?
Once, if no one else is waiting for the book.
7) What do you love best about your particular library?
I like the way it is laid out, they have comfortable couches and chairs, quiet atmosphere.
8) What is one thing you wish your library did differently?
Extend the borrowing time.
9) Do you request your books via an online catalogue, or through the librarian at your branch?
Via online catalogue
10) Have you ever chosen a book on impulse (from the online catalogue OR the shelves) and had it turn out to be totally amazing? If so, what book was it, and why did you love it? ~Yes! It was FAY by Larry Brown. I enjoyed the story and loved the characters. Since then, I have read the rest of Larry Brown's books and all of them are great. It is upsetting that he has passed away...I love his novels.





9 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

OOO I like this idea! I think I might use it on my blog sometime. Do I have to ask someone for permission?

Missy B. said...

Nope! It is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading...I went to her page and copied the questions and downloaded the picture. :) I don't do it every week, but this weeks question was a good one, I thought!

Helen Ginger said...

We have a brand new library in our little town. I toured it before it opened - and haven't been in it since. Perhaps if I ever got my TBR pile down to the point where I needed reading material, I'd head over there. Odd thing is, I like libraries!

Helen
Straight From Hel

Linda Nguyen said...

I also find the time limit on books just isn't enough, especially when I bring home many books! I like going to the library, but it takes me about an hour by bus and subway to get to the big downtown library. It has six floors! =)

Linda Nguyen said...

oh by the way, I'm sorry I haven't been around much since I was away, but I'm liking the new look of your blog. I like to change the look of my blog too from time to time, like changing the furniture around in a room. =)

serendipity_viv said...

I find the library a bit addictive. I have to go quite often with my girls to change books and I just lose my self in the shelves.

Sherry Austin said...

Hey, Honey. Haven't stopped by for a while. Good to hear from you.

MIchael Peeples said...

First, let me say I enjoy your blog.

But second, even though I know you didn't come up with the question, because it's a pet peeve of mine, I'm compelled to tell you that to "peruse" means to "read thoroughly." Many people swap the word puruse with browse.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/peruse

Sorry, you can smack me. :-)

Sincerely,
Michael OCD
http://classicsandcheese.blogspot.com/

Natalie W said...

What a fun meme! I'd be poor if i didn't go to the library LOL!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva