Wednesday, August 5, 2009

~Good News~



My cat Charlie went for his ultrasound today on his bladder. He has been having urinary tract infections. Last Saturday when I had him at the vet, the vet said his bladder felt "unusual" and was afraid that maybe there was a tumor there. I just got good news....no tumor, no stones, no nothing....except his bladder has thickened. I can live with that if he can! :) He is an old cat...I am unsure of his exact age. He looked old when I rescued him in 1997...he was scraggly looking, and missing teeth. Anyway, 12 years later, here he still is....my fuzzy gray boy with his little mustache. I love him so much and I am so glad that he is ok. He is a tough guy...he has had 2 bladderstone surgeries, liver problems, he currently has mega-colon and thyroid disease, and his kidneys are only functioning at about 70%. We hydrate him at home, and he is on meds for the other ailments. I am so relieved...now I can breathe and go on with the rest of my day. :)

***The picture on the left is the day I rescued him...February 1997. The picture of him sleeping was taken in 2002***

16 comments:

Yvette Kelly said...

Hey that is good news!!! I am so glad for you.You deserved some good news hey!
Hope you are having a good week so far
xxx

Jo-Jo said...

What a beautiful cat Missy...I'm glad the tests came out positive.

jlshall said...

Great news. It's so traumatic when pets are having health problems. But our last kitty had bladder, kidney and thyroid problems, too - and she lived to be nearly 24 years old! Hope Charlie keeps doing well.

Unknown said...

I feel for you, and am so glad your sweetie is ok. My ancient old kitty is also having problems too and I am just happy to have her with me just one more day. :)

serendipity_viv said...

I am so pleased to hear it is good news. You deserve some happiness and good news at the moment, as you have had such a rough time.

Natalie W said...

That is great news! He's so adorable!

Missy B. said...

My husband says if Charlie lives to be 24 years old we will have to file for bankruptcy. :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I know you are relieved! Some people don't understand how precious our furry friends our to us.
BTW - does Charlie have a MyCatSpace?

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I feel for you and for Charlie. I'm so happy he does not have a tumor. He has been fortunate to have a loving home with you for 12 years after being a stray. May he enjoy many more happy years with you.

Missy B. said...

L. Diane: No, he doesn't but it's funny that you mention it because I always have wanted to do a Myspace page for him!

Missy B. said...

Diane: Thank you so much :) I hope that he is with us for a long time. I think Charlie's life would have been cut short had I not gotten him off of the streets.

Amy said...

I am so glad he does not have a tumor.

Wall-to-wall books said...

AWWWWW, your kitty is soooo cute! Fluffy, just like mine!
I am so glad that there is no tumor! Whew!

Serena said...

Yeah Charlie...tumor free is great news. Great. I'm glad that you updated us.

Phew!

Alice said...

I'm so glad that your Charlie is OK. He's so cute!

Darlene said...

Sorry I'm late commenting-had a bad week. Just wanted to say how happy I am that Charlie is good. Thank God!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva