Tuesday, August 11, 2009

~Teaser Tuesday~


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:* Grab your current read* Open to a random page* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! ;)

The boy and girl were outside the house, watching us walk up the road. The boy was sitting on the porch steps, whittling a block of wood that was still mostly a block. The girl was sweeping off the porch - not aiming for her brother, which seemed like a real waste to me - the whirls of dust flying over the sides to the yard below. pg. 210 The Well and The Mine by Gin Phillips.

What's YOUR teaser today?


13 comments:

jlshall said...

Intriguing. Sounds tranquil and menacing at the same time. Nice teaser.

Jo-Jo said...

Oh that sounds sweet...maybe she will whack her brother with the broom on the next page...lol

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Cute teaser, I'm intrigued.

Cecelia said...

Ha! Not aiming for her brother - that IS a waste. Great teaser!

You can check out mine here.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
That sounds very intersting! I'll have to check this out. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

kayerj said...

so charming, loved it read my teaser here

Anonymous said...

Great teaser.I still can't do this.Still waiting for delivery of my "real" books and dont know how to do this on kindle.I think other people do but not me....(lol)

gautami tripathy said...

I like the title!

Tuesdays: Teaser/Whereabouts

The Blonde Diaries said...

I want to know who these visitors are and if they were heading to the house or passing them by.

Missy B. said...

I want to know, too! I haven't gotten that far yet!

Darlene said...

Great teaser. Makes me curious as to what will happen next.

Teddyree said...

nice teaser ~ has a bit of an old southern feel to it??
Here's my Teaser

The Bumbles said...

Yes, I would think that wasteful as well. I have a younger brother and use every opportunity to harass him ;0)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva