Monday, August 31, 2009

~Mailbox Monday~

I picked up four books last week! 2 came by mail, the other 2 were used bookstore purchases.

The Collected Stories of Eudora Welty - This was a recommendation to me by an employee of Falls River Used Books. I told her that I was a Southern Fiction Fan, and I have never read Eudora Welty - Can't wait to read it!

Gods In Alabama - This also came from Falls River Used Books. I haven't read Joshilyn Jackson before. This book was on the $2.00 bookshelf.

Song of Renewal by Emily Sue Harvey - I won this from Dar at Peeking Between The Pages.

Friends Like These by Danny Wallace - Sent to me from Karen at Hachette - Thanks, Karen!

What did YOU get in the mail last week?


Blodeuedd said...

Interesting ones, I sure wanna hear more.
Have fun reading and have a great day

itsJUSTme-wendy said...

I read "Gods in Alabama" I thought it was just OK.
I thought her second book - "Between,Georgia" was excellent!!!! I would be interested to see what you think of Gods. Have you read Between Georgia yet?

itsJUSTme-wendy said...

Opps, my bad. I just saw that you did say that you have not read her before! LOL.

Carol @ TheWritersPorch said...

Good stuff Missy! I have the Eudora book and love it! Eudora is one of my favorits!

Kristen said...

Gods in Alabama is good fun. Enjoy!

Marie Burton said...

I still need to read Jackson's newest that has been sitting on my shelf.
I hope you enjoy that one, and Eudora Welty is a blast from my past I need to revisit again.
My Mailbox is up at The Burton Review.

Vivienne said...

I picked Gods in Alabama and The Girl Who Stopped Swimming for about the same price as you.

gautami tripathy said...

I like Welty!

Mondays: What's up?

Kill Word Verification

Diane said...

I enjoyed Gods of Alabama, and Song of Renewal; enjoy!

avisannschild said...

Love the new look! (Maybe it's not that new, I've been away for a while!) Enjoy your books!

Anna said...

Gods in Alabama caught my eye, but they all sound good.

Diary of an Eccentric


Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva