Monday, August 31, 2009

~Mailbox Monday~



I picked up four books last week! 2 came by mail, the other 2 were used bookstore purchases.


The Collected Stories of Eudora Welty - This was a recommendation to me by an employee of Falls River Used Books. I told her that I was a Southern Fiction Fan, and I have never read Eudora Welty - Can't wait to read it!

Gods In Alabama - This also came from Falls River Used Books. I haven't read Joshilyn Jackson before. This book was on the $2.00 bookshelf.

Song of Renewal by Emily Sue Harvey - I won this from Dar at Peeking Between The Pages.

Friends Like These by Danny Wallace - Sent to me from Karen at Hachette - Thanks, Karen!





What did YOU get in the mail last week?













11 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Interesting ones, I sure wanna hear more.
Have fun reading and have a great day

Wall-to-wall books said...

I read "Gods in Alabama" I thought it was just OK.
I thought her second book - "Between,Georgia" was excellent!!!! I would be interested to see what you think of Gods. Have you read Between Georgia yet?

Wall-to-wall books said...

Opps, my bad. I just saw that you did say that you have not read her before! LOL.

Carol Murdock said...

Good stuff Missy! I have the Eudora book and love it! Eudora is one of my favorits!

Kristen said...

Gods in Alabama is good fun. Enjoy!

BurtonReview said...

I still need to read Jackson's newest that has been sitting on my shelf.
I hope you enjoy that one, and Eudora Welty is a blast from my past I need to revisit again.
My Mailbox is up at The Burton Review.

serendipity_viv said...

I picked Gods in Alabama and The Girl Who Stopped Swimming for about the same price as you.

gautami tripathy said...

I like Welty!

Mondays: What's up?

Kill Word Verification

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I enjoyed Gods of Alabama, and Song of Renewal; enjoy!

avisannschild said...

Love the new look! (Maybe it's not that new, I've been away for a while!) Enjoy your books!

Anna said...

Gods in Alabama caught my eye, but they all sound good.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva