Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm Back!


Well, vacation time is over! It always goes too fast. We had a great time at the beach. The weather was good...sunny and in the 80's. The stretch of beach that we were at this summer was very crowded...I couldn't believe how many people were there! If we didn't get down to the beach before 10:00 am, we actually had a difficult time locating a place to put our chairs and umbrella! Just think of that....ridiculous! By the third day that we were there, I figured out what was going on, and it infuriated me. People would go down to the beach around 8 or 9 and would put up their umbrellas, or tents (so many people had these huge tents like something you would put in your back yard) and then leave....they were "saving" beach space for themselves. . It was crazy. At the resort where my cousin was staying, there was a big sign out at the pool that read "No Saving Chairs". She said people were doing it anyway....taking their beach towels down and draping them over chairs, then disappearing for two hours...probably eating breakfast. What is this world coming to? I just don't understand.......

Anyway, enough of my grumbling. We had a great time. I read one book while I was there (and what a GREAT book it was!) The Unseen by T.L. Hines. I highly recommend this book...it was intense...a real page turner!

Now that I am home, I need to catch up on so many things! At least I have one more day to relax before heading back to work tomorrow.

I hope that everyone has a great day today, and I am glad to be back....I missed everybody!


3 comments:

Harvee said...

Hi Missy! Welcome back.

Now that youre back....Pop on over to the Book Tour and Author Interview by Jennifer P Daly, a romance author who is touring on Book Bird Dog today! She has some interesting things re how she wrote her first novel! I'm trying to get some pointers.

serendipity_viv said...

I am glad to hear you had a good time. The chair saving business riles me too, however I end up doing it too, just to get near the pool by the end of the holiday.

Darlene said...

Glad you're back Missy and that you had a good time!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva