Saturday, June 13, 2009

~A Bit Of Drama~


Late yesterday afternoon, a dog showed up at my office. That is really not that unusual as the SPCA is right next door, and animals are being dropped off there all of the time. Mind you, it is not an adoption center. This is where you drop off strays, or pets that you no longer want. They euthanize quite a few of these animals due to the fact that the no kill shelter is always full. Every time I see a dog or cat being dropped off over there I shudder.

So, this dog is peeking through the front door of our business. We are all animal lovers there, so we let her in and gave her some water. It was 90+ degrees out yesterday. We were all debating on what type of dog she was. My first thought in looking at her was French Bulldog. But all of the men that I work with (I am the only girl in the office) said it was a Boston Terrier. Me, being a part-time dog groomer, am pretty sure it's a French Bulldog. I know my dog breeds! I refused to take her next door and was able to contact a rescue group in North Carolina for Boston terriers, since everyone argued that is what it was. I told the rescue director my story, and she said "Email a picture of her to me". I did....and guess what? She is a French Bulldog! HA! She said that she could arrange for someone to meet me Saturday to pick up the dog to take it to a foster home. In the meantime, I popped her in my car and took her home with me.

I fed her, and gave her a really good bath...she was filthy. And grateful! She has been sequestered in my office since last night. She looks like she has recently given birth, which makes me wonder where her puppies are. Was she used for breeding purposes only, then after she had her litter, someone dumped her at the SPCA?

My husband and I are heading over to the veterinarian's office soon, to see if she is microchipped. If she is, then we can find out who she belong(ed) to. But...yes, there is a big BUT in this story....if she has not been microchipped, we have decided to keep her. We will see how things go with her interaction with our other 2 dogs.

I slept in the office with her last night. She hogs the bed and snores dreadfully...and is the sweetest dog you'll ever meet!

I will have an update later on what happens at the vet. If she is not chipped, then she will need to be checked for heartworms and given vaccines and everything else. I am hoping that she gets a clean bill of health. I'll keep you posted! Happy Saturday!!












9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little dog. I hope you can keep her.

Carol Murdock said...

Ahwwwwwwww Missy! Good for you!
Keep her and name her Giselle and call her Gigi for short! :)

Anonymous said...

Awe, what a cute little dog. She looks kind of like a french bulldog. I hope she's healthy and well. :)

Darlene said...

Missy, she is adorable! I hope she's healthy and all and that you'll get to keep her. Almost like it was meant to be. Can't wait to hear what happened.

Frog Princess said...

For the record, The French Bulldog Rescue Network exists solely to help rescue, rehabilitate and rehome Frenchies in need!
www.frenchbulldogrescue.org

Thank you so much for taking in that poor Frenchie! 90 degrees is WAY too hot for a French bulldog!

Good luck!

Bookworm said...

She is adorable! Hope you find her owner soon.

Caspette said...

Missy what an adorable little creature. She was lucky to have found you. You guys are going to have a special bond.

I always like the look of those guys they are so comical.

Have you thought of a name?

Mary Lee said...

I hope tomorrow's visit is healthy for both of you (healthy dog, low fee!) You're a dog person AND a book person--two gold stars!!
Love that you have Every Good and Perfect Gift shown on your blog. I read it, then gave it to my daughter. Always fun to find good books by NC authors.

Melissa O. said...

Awww, I just love stories like this that have a happy ending. She looks like she has a ton of personality, just from that picture. :-) So cute!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva