Thursday, June 11, 2009

Booking Through Thursday ~ Niche

Today's BTT question is:

There are certain types of books that I more or less assume all readers read. (Novels, for example.)

But then there are books that only YOU read. Instructional manuals for fly-fishing. How-to books for spinning yarn. How to cook the perfect souffle. Rebuilding car engines in three easy steps. Dog training for dummies. Rewiring your house without electrocuting yourself. Tips on how to build a NASCAR course in your backyard. Stuff like that.

What niche books do YOU read?

I love to read cookbooks, any kind. I have a few that I love that are stories AND recipes. My favorite one is The Cake Club: Delicious Desserts and Stories from a Southern Childhood by Susie Quick. Susie's mom, aunts and other family members were know as the "Fancy Frosters" of Charleston, WV. They got together once a month to swap recipes and stories. The recipes are from earlier times, when everything was made from scratch and usually every recipe had a story attached to it. These recipes and stories remind me of my granny....full of good things, love and humor!

Other than cookbooks, I really don't read anything else, except novels. :)

What about YOU?




8 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

I'm hooked on the Taste of Home magazines myself!

JoAnn said...

I love cookbooks, too!

Kerri said...

I forgot about cookbooks!! I do love them, especially with pretty pictures. Funny, mine never quite looks like that.

Jacqueline C. said...

I love baking!!! Here are mine: (1) and (2)

Carol Murdock said...

I read lots of different books Missy as you can probably tell from my blog.I love southern history, historical fiction,novels, mysteries,
biographies of authors, poetry, back to basics living and cookbooks!My library has something for everyone, I kid you not!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I can't choose one area in particular - I go all over the place with my reading. I did enjoy reading the stories in Pat Conroy's cookbook. Recipes too hard for me, but loved his stories.

Yvonne said...

Cook books would make me hungry :) I read cat books, but that's about my only niche.

Jess said...

Yum, cake! This books sounds delish.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva