Thursday, November 5, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - It's All About Me


Today's BTT Question is:

Which do you prefer? Biographies written about someone? Or Autobiographies written by the actual person (and/or ghost-writer)?


Hmm....I would have to say that I enjoy both. Probably Autobiographies more than biographies...but honestly, I do enjoy both!

Some of my favorites include:

Autobiography of a Face by Lucy Grealy

Tales from the Bed by Jennifer Estess

Change Me Into Zeus's Daughter by Barbara Robinette Moss

The Coalwood Way
by Homer Hickam

The House On Beartown Road by Elizabeth Cohen

How about you? Which do you prefer?



9 comments:

Natalie W said...

Definitely like both. Love your background. Seen so many pretty backgrounds and it makes me want to change mine!
Have a great day!

Missy B. said...

Thanks, Natalie! I love changing my blog page.....it's fun!

Wall-to-wall books said...

I have the House on Beartown Road, but haven't read it yet. Glad to hear that you liked it.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I prefer autobiographies myself For one reason, because I'm interested in the point of view of the person and not someone else's perception of that person.

Tiffany Norris said...

I like both, too. Sometimes biographies do a better job of not glossing over the rough spots, but then autobiographies can definitely give a personal note.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

I LOVE autobiographies!!! Love your new header!!! Great post!!! ~Janine OX

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Definitely not the ghost writer route. I enjoy David McCullough's work with Truman and John Adams. Not much for celebrity books. Do like memoir - like Mary Karr. Enjoyed the Zoo Keeper's Wife. Gertrude Bell. Guess I'm not much of a biography person.

Donna said...

Great question! I probably enjoy biographies more if the subject is controversial. It's a guilty secret!

Lisa said...

I'm with you--I like both. I'm more concerned with the subject matter. Although I will go with a biography if I'm looking for something less likely to be biased.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva