Tuesday, October 6, 2009

~Teaser Tuesday~


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read*

* Open to a random page*

*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page*
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! ;)

I looked in the mirror and I thought about my mother and my father and their wedding day. I was going to have a good marriage, I promised myself. I was going to have the kind of marriage that my mother didn't have. -pg 173, Who Do You Think You Are? by Alyse Myers.

What's YOUR teaser today???




17 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

great teaser. I liked that book a lot!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

That sounds like a good story with mother/daughter issues!

My teaser is at:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/
(Rainy Days and Mondays)

Lisa said...

Sounds like what my dad could have been saying when he got married--my grandparents marriage was not the example a young person would want to emulate.

gautami tripathy said...

Sounds good to me!

Teaser Tuesdays: The Secret Hour by Luanne Rice

Amy said...

I like your teaser! Sounds like a great book.

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Very interesting teaser, I haven't heard of this book.

Harvee said...

I like her determination.

Anonymous said...

Love this teaser!

Darlene said...

Good teaser Missy. I've not heard of this book beffore.

Unknown said...

I like this teaser and, of course, I wonder about her parents marrige and what happens with her marriage...I hope it works out!

Thank you!

Nise' said...

Just saw this one at the library today!

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

Oooh, great teaser! I love the title as well. Hope you're enjoying your book.

Jennifer said...

Wonderful teaser! Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/10/casting-off-teaser-tuesdays.html

The Bumbles said...

That's a lot of pressure to live up to on your wedding day! But it is what everyone feels - that there's will be right and true - not like the disappointments they've seen or lived through. Optimism and learning from mistakes. Implementing them - that's another matter entirely!

Jo-Jo said...

This teaser sounds a bit sad...I hope you are enjoying the book.

Wendi said...

Great teaser - I'll bet a lot of people have had similar sentiments.

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

The Blonde Diaries said...

Striving to do better is always a good thing.

My teaser is here

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva