Sunday, October 11, 2009

~More 1987~

In June of 1987 I finally found a permanent job at a bank. I was relieved to have a job, and the beginning of a "single" social life.

I spent weekends at the Wave Pool with my friend Sherry. I discovered that yard sales were fun...she and I would spend all day some Saturdays just driving around and seeing what treasures we could find.

That summer was full of adventures; Sherry was dating a guy that worked in the private airport in Charleston (a little airport where smaller planes were). We snuck up there one night around midnight to scare him. It was hilarious! To get into the airport, there was a gate to go through, which was locked. She and I hid in the bushes until a car came out. We ran through the gate and into the small airport office building. We used one of the office phones to call him. While he was on the phone with us, he said "Oh sh*&, there is someone else in the building!" Sherry asked how did he know that? "There is another phone line lit up! Someone's in here!" We almost peed from laughing. All of us ended up playing a game of Trivial Pursuit and staying up all night.

Those are the memories that I love and treasure, and feel so fortunate to have experienced. What about you? What kind of fun memories do you have? What kind of pranks have you pulled in the past?

What were YOU doing in 1987?











4 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Watching a lot of movies, including the two above!

Actually, 1987 was probably one of the worst years for me. Angst, drama, a move across country, my ego crushed, my heart broken - it was not pretty. But it got better in 1988, as that is when I met my husband!

serendipity_viv said...

Hmmm - 1987, I was only 16, so still living with my parents,but about to start sixth form college,which was fabulous.

Midlife Roadtripper said...

1987 - I lived in Connecticut, two blocks from the beach. Had a great job in New Haven. One little boy and a Golden Retriever. We walked to the beach every day, winter and summer. He would throw rocks in the water and the dog would bring them back.

I loved it there.

Blodeuedd said...

Nice flashback :D
Hm 4 years old, what could I have been doing. Watching this great childrens show on telly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva