Friday, October 30, 2009

The Friday 56 - October 30, 2009


The Friday 56 is hosted by Tonya at Storytime With Tonya and Friends!

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to Tonya's blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

"Aren't you going to say something, son?" the parishioner asked him. John had no response. He had only been a graduate student at Tayson University for two weeks and didn't feel prepared to engage in the lay counseling yet. It just felt wrong. Shouldn't they at least give me a full semester first? ~The Manufactured Identity by Heath Sommer.



6 comments:

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Hummm - Interesting. I know I would jump in and give my 2 cents, but that's just me! LOL

My Friday 56 is up too linked to my review too.

http://sweetvernalzephyr.blogspot.com/2009/10/friday-56_29.html

Happy Halloween! - Miranda

Justine said...

Great 56. Says a lot in a short space.

Dog-Eared Books said...

Great quote! I'm glad I'm not in John's position.

http://dogearedbooksonline.blogspot.com/2009/10/friday-56-if-on-winters-night-traveller.html

Suzanne said...

ummm, I would hope my counselor would have more experience....

Lori L. Clark Art said...

Fabulous! Thank you for sharing! Mine are here!

Anonymous said...

Of course they should!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva