Thursday, January 7, 2010

Booking Through Thursday - Gifts


Today's Booking Through Thursday's question is:

What books did you get for Christmas (or whichever holiday you may have celebrated last month)? Do you usually ask for books on gift-giving occasions or do you prefer to buy them yourself? Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!

If I ask my husband for a particular book, he will pick it up as a gift. I have also steered him towards my Amazon Wish List, so he has many to choose from, and doesn't have to ask me....so I will be surprised!

As far as receiving books for Christmas last year, I got 3 from Secret Santas. My in-laws gave me a Barnes and Noble giftcard, which I put to good use...I got 7 books with it. So....10 books for the holidays! Not too bad!

What about you?










5 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I forgot to include books I got with my gift card. Here is mine

Susan said...

Not bad at all, I'd say! I love receiving books as gifts, but I seldom do :)

I was a very lucky girl this Christmas! Here is my BTT response.

Jennifer said...

10 books is fantastic! My BTT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/01/booking-through-thursday-my-first.html

yuan said...

*grins* Books for gifts are always lovely.

Haz award for you here =D

Nina said...

I normally don't ask for books, because here in Holland the English YA books are only available in the big cities. We live in a smal town, so my parents have to go all the way to Amsterdam to buy me a book or they have to order it online.

But this christmas I got from my mom books from my tbr list. I have my list printed and she saw it and went with my sister to Adam. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva