Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What's YOUR teaser today?!?

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read*
* Open to a random page*

*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page *

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! ;)

Today my teaser is from A Year and a Day by Leslie Pietrzyk:


~Most girls at school wore makeup, at least some eye shadow and blush, a little lip gloss. Girls who wore real lipstick--not just a clear slick of shiny pink--were the girls who climbed into guys' cars after school, got driven off with a big rush and roar, their hands limply trailing out open windows as the rest of us pretended we weren't watching, wondering which empty park they were headed to, wondering were they really going to do that?~ pg 43.


What's YOUR teaser today?



9 comments:

Donna said...

Very interesting teaser - I'd be one of the girls watching the car! My teaser is here.

jlshall said...

Glad I'm not that young anymore! Great teaser, though!

Here's mine.

Deepali said...

Missy, looove your header design :)
Here is my teaser:
e-Volving Books

I also have an entirely new style for the blog - including a brand new, self-designed Header!
And a new name!! Come check it out :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oooo good one :)


Here is my TT :)

Belinda said...

I'm with the comment above. I'd be watching the car drive by past :) Great teaser !!

Here's my teaser

Lisa said...

sounds like a good read

Here's mine

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like this one! Takes me back...way back in the day.

Mine is here:

Click my name.

pussreboots said...

I wasn't one of those girls, not even a lip gloss girl.

Enjoy your book. Mine's from How to Crash a Killer Bash by Penny Warner.

SunnyReads said...

Hmmm...I would probably want to be in the car, but reality says that I would probably have been hiding behind a tree, reading a book and occasionally peeking over the top of the book to see who was getting into the cars and desperately hating them while pretending indifference!

Here’s mine:
http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesday-mirror-and-mask.html

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva