Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Teaser Tuesday




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read*
* Open to a random page*

*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page *

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! ;)

My teaser today comes from Breath: A Lifetime in the Rhythm of an Iron Lung; A Memoir by Martha Mason:

~As I grew older, I discovered that the boys in my grade-school classes seemed obsessed with pulling hair and jerking on anything tied in a bow, particularly the ribbons on my braids and the sashes on my dresses. Inadvertently, Mother had made me the primary target for the bow-bashing squad.~ pg. 122


What's YOUR teaser today?

10 comments:

Donna said...

Great teaser! Haven't heard of that book before. My teaser is here.

Anonymous said...

But boys only do that when they think a girl is cute. So... I guess her mother made her a target twice over.

Marce said...

That made me smile, we forget as parents how we may be setting our children up

My TT

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesday-sculptor.html

Tales of Whimsy said...

LOL
Good ol' mom ;)

Here is my Teaser Tuesday :)

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

Aww, poor girl!

Natasha said...

hah, cute teaser! :) I'm going to check this out!

Here's mine: http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesday8.html

jlshall said...

Wow, don't like to admit it, but I'm old enough to remember those "bow-bashing squads." But if they attacked your bows, it meant they liked you! Sounds like it might be a sad book, but that's a great teaser!

Here’s mine.

Lori said...

The mom is aways to blame. LOL. I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's my Tuesday Teaser

Julie P said...

Ugh! Who can forget those pesky adolescent boys??

Great teaser!

Mr.s Gokey said...

Cute teaser!! I could see that happening to me when I was younger!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva