Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Teaser Tuesday






Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read*
* Open to a random page*

*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page *

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! ;)

My teaser today comes from Bird In Hand by Christina Baker Kline:

Eventually things would have to change. But now he felt like those prisoners of war he'd read about who were strapped, alive, to the dead bodies of their fallen comrades and thrown into the river. pg 125


What's YOUR teaser today?



14 comments:

SunnyReads said...

I love your teaser - sounds kinda creepy, though...

I'm currently reading Faint Praise: A Jane Lawless Mystery, by Ellen Hart.
Here's my Teaser:
http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesday-faint-praise.html

Jennifer said...

What a horrible thought. This sounds like an interesting book to read. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesdays-the-red-queen.html

April said...

That is one heck of a teaser!!!! It makes me want to grab the book and read it. I know, I'm a bit on the morbid side - things like that intrigue me, lol!

Heather said...

Not an enviable position, to be sure! Thanks for visiting. *g*

Darlyn said...

That is a great teaser. I havent heard of the author but would love to read it. Sounds great =)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

That's a good one...I recall really enjoying this book.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Tales of Whimsy said...

ooo powerful!

Thanks for passing by my TT :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

wow that's brutal!!

Here's my teaser!!

Darlene said...

Intriguing teaser. I've often wondered if this book was good or not. I'll have to watch for your review.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!

Yvonne said...

Great teaser!

Lizzy said...

Hmm, very interesting teaser. I hadn't heard of this one, but I'll have to check it out.

jlshall said...

Wow, that's a powerful image! Sounds like he's going through something really intense. Makes a great teaser!

Aleksandra said...

Wow, great teaser!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva