Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Teaser Tuesday






Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read*
* Open to a random page*

*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page *

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! ;)

My teaser today comes from Walking Through Shadows by Bev Marshall:

~The one time we had discussed "becoming a woman" Mama had said that was God's way of giving us babies and calves, colts, and litters of kittens, puppies and rabbits. Her face had turned as red as the apples in the fruit bowl on the table, and she had stared at them so hard for a minute I thought she was instructing them about wearing the rag instead of me.~ pg.39

What's YOUR teaser today?

6 comments:

Peaceful Reader said...

Great teaser-I can just picture this womanly moment! Mine is from The Girl Who Could Fly.

gautami tripathy said...

It seems all to familiar! In some parts of India, it is still happening this way. Mothers don't look in the eyes while telling their daughter about periods.

Here is my Tuesday teaser done differently!

audreyscountrycrafts said...

Well - she got more out of her mom than I got from mine! LOL

HERE is my teaser for this week.

jlshall said...

Well, it's hard being a mom, I guess. Mine wasn't really great at preparing me for any sort of reality. It all came as a big surprise to me! Love the teaser - sounds like a good read.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great teaser, Missy...thanks for sharing it.

Here's mine:

http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/08/10/teaser-tuesdays-19/

Tales of Whimsy said...

Ooo that sounds like the kind of moment you never forget.

Here is my Teaser Tuesday :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva