Tuesday, May 26, 2009

~Teaser Tuesday 5-26-09~



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! ;)

My mother grabbed me by the hand and ran across the street to the house of friends who had a special hiding place, a skillfully camouflaged cellar. Breathless, we knocked, and my mother begged for admittance. But there was no room there.
~Dry Tears; The Story of a Lost Childhood by Nechama Tec, page 27.

What's YOUR teaser today?

10 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Heartbreaking..

Dar said...

That is a very good teaser. Certainly makes me wonder about the rest of the story. My teaser is HERE

Ladybug said...

That teaser had a sad feel to it. Here's my teaser

Ti said...

That's a good teaser. It definitely makes me want to read more.

Wendi B. - Wendi's Book Corner ~ Rainy Day Reads in Seattle said...

Wow - that is an attention grabbing teaser - thanks for sharing Missy!

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Book Bird Dog said...

Sounds like a fascinating book. Let us know when you review it! Here's my puzzle tease.

Teddyree said...

Good teaser but sounds like a very sad read.
Here's my TeaserPS There's an award waiting for you at my place

avisannschild said...

I'm definitely intrigued!

Rebecca :) said...

Great teaser! I'm intrigued, too!

DeSeRt RoSe said...

Sounds sad, but very intriguing!! Better watch out for your review :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva