Friday, September 18, 2009

~BBAW - All About Your Blog~


Hopefully this week you’ve been visiting a bunch of new book blogs and maybe noticing some things about them you’d like to try yourself. Or maybe you’ve just had some ideas for improvements to your blog you’d like to put into place or new ideas for content. But there’s also probably something you really love about your blog, too, something you’re really proud of. It’s time to show off! Tell us and this is really important, in 50 words or less what you love best about your blog! And then in 50 words or less where you want your blog to be by the next BBAW! Ready? GO!

Some of the things that I really love about my blog are the personal touches that I make to it. I think of it as my little space where I can be as creative as I want to. Adding the pictures of my pets is very special to me...I love to see their little faces when I am viewing my page. I like adding things to my sidebar that I think others would enjoy, like my book recommendations from Amazon, or the links to other book related sites such as Book Depository, or Goodreads and Librarything.


By this time next year, I want my blog to cover more book reviews...I mean, after all, it IS a book blog! I read so slow nowadays...I am hoping to speed it up a bit. I love participating in memes - maybe I will come up with my own meme! That will be a goal that I can work towards. Also, I want to organize my blog a bit better...I have visited some other blogs where their book reviews, challenge lists and other topics are divided into separate links. That will take some time for me to figure out, but I am bound and determined to do it!

What are YOUR goals for your blog?





8 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Got mine posted!

And I like seeing your critters, too. If I ever get brace enough to do a three column blog (changing templates scares me) I will include a photo or two of my black kitties!

Belle Wong said...

I like the personal touch, too. Great goals for next year! Memes are so much fun, I find - I'll be watching out for the one you're going to come up with! ;)

Anonymous said...

I've found that I read less now that blogs taking up more of my time.

Wander to the Wayside said...

I also like the personal touches, think it makes it more welcoming into your 'space', like a nice rug and cushy pillows. I like to see what people look like,too,though I understand some people are really into the privacy,anonymous and incognito thing.

I come here every day, whether I know you have a new post or not, to see Lily and Peanut. (I don't think I've made any secret of the fact that I covet Lily.I'm thinking you should start a fan club for her. Or rent a 'virtual' Lily.)

As for my blog, I'm still looking to become more tech literate, and have more interesting posts, or rather posts that have a broader appeal, not in the sense of number of visitors but in holding the attention of the ones I do get. And, like Diane, I'm toying with the three column thing.

What I like most about my blog is that in this early stage it hasn't gotten too complicated, and I still write on a more personal level as opposed to an entertainment level. I think some blogs I've read have lost that personal touch somewhere along the way...or maybe they never wanted that in the first place, which is their perogative and doesn't mean they have no appeal to me!

Well, that's way more than 50 words. Sorry!

Alexia561 said...

Lily and Peanut are so cute! And then I scrolled down some more and saw Mittens and Charlie. Adorable! I love personal touches like that on blogs. Great job!

Lisa said...

I love all of the personal touches on your blog!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Hey Missy....email me your mailing info, you won one of my giveaways "Stray Affection".

Congrats.

Literary Feline said...

I know what you mean about wanting to read more books and post more book reviews. I'm not so fast a reader--especially compared to so many out there. I want to try and post at least one to two reviews a week. I think that would be a good balance for me. I wish you luck with your goals, Missy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva