Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read*
* Open to a random page*
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page *

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! ;)

My teaser this week is from Please Excuse My Daughter, by Julie Klam....same book as last week....I haven't had much reading time lately!

~I dressed carefully, and as I slipped my sweater on, Grandma Pearl's tiny head popped up on my shoulder, her hair sprayed into a red-brick nautilus shell: "Show them you're rich and fancy, you'll be treated better." pg 132~

What's YOUR teaser today????


11 comments:

Cecelia said...

It's a fact of life. I was stunned by how service changed when I started wearing a blazer while traveling. All of a sudden I went from 'nobody' to 'Ma'am, can I help you?' I think that's the moment I realized that I really was an adult. Nice teaser - it sounds like fun!

If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

Anonymous said...

My grandmother used to say the same thing.

Mine is here.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Wow. Cool! Is she a ghost?

Kaye said...

The sad part is she's probably right.

My TT and contest link can be found HERE

Donna said...

Great teaser and it sounds like a great book! Mine is here.

audreyscountrycrafts said...

I like the grandma! Will have to mark this one done for future reading :)

HERE is my teaser for this week.

Stephanie said...

I am intrigued by her grandmother's face popping up over her shoulder. Real or a memory? :) I hope you're enjoying this book.

http://laughingstars.net

Darlene said...

Great teaser Missy! I haven't heard of this one before.

Julie P said...

Funny teaser!

CCL said...

You just won an award on my blog! Come check it out here:

http://crazycatladyslibrary.blogspot.com/2010/06/doing-some-catching-up-three-awards-for.html

Hugs~
Susan
aka Crazy Cat Lady

Julie said...

what a cool teaser! :)

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva