Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read*
* Open to a random page*

*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page *

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! ;)

My teaser today comes from Please Excuse My Daughter: A Memoir by Julie Klam:

~We stopped at a red light, and my mother coolly critiqued each person crossing the street, like Howard Cosell at a run-way show. "What was she thinking this morning - 'I think I'll wear everything brown that I own'? Brown ain't going to cover that ass, honey. You need a tarp."

I am already laughing-out-loud at this memoir....Julie Klam is just what I need to chase away my post-vacation blues! What's YOUR teaser today?

9 comments:

LKT said...

Sounds like something I could use!

My teaser is here:

http://teabagsinfusion.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesday-june-8.html

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

WHOA! That just jumped right out there! It was like BAM! HAHA!
Here's my Teaser Tuesday!

Tales of Whimsy said...

LOL
Ouch!
Go mama.

Jennifer said...

Fun teaser. This sounds like a memoir I would enjoy. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesday-art-of-devotion.html

Beth said...

That is funny! This week my teaser comes from a Georgette Heyer novel.

E.J. Stevens said...

LOL! Great Teaser! My Teaser for Captivate is here.

Happy reading. :)

xx,
E.J.
From the Shadows

Heather said...

Wow, tell us what you really think, Mom. LOL Glad you are enjoying it!
My post: Mum's The Word

Josette said...

That's hilarious! I think most of us do comment (privately or not) about the people we see every day.

Arielle said...

LOL good teaser :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva