Wednesday, June 17, 2009

~Waiting On Wednesday~



I used to read Jeffrey Deaver a lot. My favorite novel of his was The Coffin Dancer. This one caught my eye...It sounds creepy and full of suspense! I am definitely going to add this to my ever-growing wish list! The book is due to be released July 1, 2009.

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.


From Booklist

Deaver is bound to slip up sometime. But not this time. This novel, which follows on the heels of Sleeping Doll (2007), again stars California Bureau of Investigation agent Kathryn Dance and, like its predecessor, is tightly constructed with a suspenseful story and plenty of plot twists. Deaver, perhaps more than any other crime writer, is able to fool even the most experienced readers with his right-angle turns, and this story of a serial killer who uses social networks to find his prey is full of them. Deaver’s investigators are very good at their jobs, and in order to fool them (and us), he must be exceedingly clever, as well as just a little bit deceitful (having characters say things that turn out not to be true, for example, even though they believed the things when they said them). So far Deaver has avoided accidentally telegraphing a plot twist in advance, but someday, surely, he’ll out-clever himself. Or maybe he won’t. This is an excellent entry in what promises to be a series as popular as the author’s Lincoln Rhyme novels. --David Pitt --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
  • Publisher: Center Point Pub; Lrg edition (July 1, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1602854963


4 comments:

Cackleberry Homestead said...

I've seen this one and it looks good. I haven't read any of Deaver's books, but keep meaning to.

Mine is here

Amelia said...

Sounds like a really interesting book. Thanks for sharing!

Darlene said...

I've never ready anything by him but I've certainly heard good things about his books. May have to try one someday.

Becca said...

I've read The Bone Collector and The Coffin Dancer is in my TBR pile. I didn't know about this one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva