Saturday, June 6, 2009

~ARC Book Received~ Librarything Early Reviewers~


How Shall I Tell The Dog? And other final musings....

by Miles K. Kington


When some people are told they have only a few months to live, they might travel around the world or quietly put their affairs in order. When it happened at the age of 66 to Miles Kington - one of England's best-loved humorists - he did what he did best, offering wry, laugh-out-loud observations about his situation. Following his diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, Kington embarked on How Shall I Tell The Dog?, written as a series of letters to his literary agent and longtime friend Gill, in which he proposes crazier and crazier ideas for a new book that "cashes in on cancer".

His final musings include everything from the irony of 1,000 Places To See Before You Die and creating a funeral video ("Hello, I'm sorry I couldn't be here in person with you today"), to the notion of creating cancer language guides (Parles-vous Cancer?) and the prospect of being outlived by his dog, Berry. Mischievous and utterly original, Kington's final words are a celebration of life.


Newmarket Press

Release date: July 2009

ISBN: 978-1-55704-841-7


2 comments:

Yvette Kelly said...

I am always amazed at people who are so strong and able to make light of their troubles.

Missy B. said...

I know! I honestly can say that I don't think that I could be that way. I am going to start reading this one tonight.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva