Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday Things To Do




My Saturday Rituals




My Saturday Rituals pretty much stay the same for each Saturday. I usually get up early, to have "my quiet time". I use this time to get on the internet, search for books, get on Facebook, and now get on Blogger to blog! It is so addicting! Each Saturday, I make time for a nap. I usually lie down around 2 or 3. If I don't get my Saturday Nap, I turn into an irritable crab. Saturdays are also "grocery shopping day", "other errand day" "laundry day"...the list goes on. I try to do some small tasks during the week, so I am not so loaded down on the weekends, but it usually doesn't work out that way. I used to be such a "Susie Homemaker"...wonder what happened? Here is a brief description: When I was in my 30's I was married to my first husband, who worked in radio. He worked every Saturday. So, my Saturdays would start out with me cleaning the entire house. We lived in Florida, and had a small two bedroom home. I could clean it in a decent amount of time. Then, I would go to the library, and get a big stack of books and spend the rest of my day reading, curled up on the couch, in a clean house. I am in my 40's now. My current husband doesn't work on Saturdays. I live in a 3 bedroom house, which gets cleaned when I feel like it, which is not very often. So...I am usually curled up on my couch, in my dirty house, reading or blogging. When I complain to my mother about "not being able to clean my house on Saturdays and then feel like doing other things" her comment is "Well, you were in your thirties then...." I am 44 now. Does this mean I will no longer be able to clean my house, then go shopping? Does this mean I am OLD?





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva