Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
* Grab your current read*
* Open to a random page*

*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page *
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! ;)


My teaser today is from Ambulance Girl by Jane Stern.

~I am beginning to realize that while the class was about taking a test and acting like the Dorothy Hamill girl, here at the firehouse it's about getting your hands on a really sick person and trying to save that person's life. Suddenly all my fears come back and I think I am way too claustrophobic to ride in the ambulance, to see anything icky, to get up at 3 am from my warm bed.~ pg 99

I am loving this memoir by Jane Stern. Although it deals with the serious subject of her training to become an EMT, Jane brings humor to her situations. I have laughed out loud more than a few times while reading this book. I just started it today.....it's a really good read! What's YOUR teaser today?

11 comments:

Harvee said...

Sounds like a great memoir. Here's my Teaser and book giveaway: my teaser

Darlyn said...

i'd love the word claustrophobic. because i'm one of it too. but in my case, it is when i'm on a plane. *LOL*

nice teaser!

http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-teusday-smoke-jumper.html

Kaye said...

Yeah, you would not expect humor from this type of book. Glad you are enjoying it. Here's my teaser and giveaway

Yvonne said...

This sounds like something I'd really like. Great teaser!

Lori said...

It's more like a dark humor. interesting teaser.Here's Mine.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I like this teaser - it sounds like a good book!

gautami tripathy said...

Loved this teaser!

Teaser Tuesdays: Zan-Gah by A R Shickman

Alayne said...

Great teaser, sounds like a really interesting memoir. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This sounds really good! I think I've seen a TV movie based on this.

My teaser:

http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/03/02/teaser-tuesdays-2/

Lisa said...

Good teaser! You know, you might check out Population: 485, which is also about EMT training in a small town.

My teaser is here.

Natalie W said...

Sounds like a very interesting book. I'll have to add it to my wish list.
Great teaser,
Natalie :0)
http://www.thebookinn.net/2010/03/tuesday-teaser-this-and-that.html

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva