Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: * Grab your current read* * Open to a random page* *Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page * BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! ;)

Today's teaser is from In His Sights: A True Story of Love and Obsession by Kate Brennan.

~In the dark, I crawl out of the bedroom and press myself against the wall in the hallway as I move toward the top of the stairs. I'd left a front hall light on, for security, but it will only expose me if I go downstairs; on either side of the door are floor-to-ceiling windows. I can hear the front door being jostled.~ pg. 223

What's YOUR teaser today???


16 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, this sounds very intriguing...and spooky!

I'm adding it to my list.

Love your new header!

My teaser:

http://laurel-rainsnowsreflections.blogspot.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesdays_16.html

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Wow! Great teaser! I love those that keep you hanging...Mine's here:

http://iswimforoceans.blogspot.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesday-is-hosted-by-mizb-at.html

Marce said...

Not sure if I would read that but LOVE the teaser. Look forward to your review.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Whoa! That caught my attention. I think I was holding my breath!

jlshall said...

Wow, that sounds pretty scary. Even more so if "true." Excellent teaser!

Here's mine.

Lori said...

Very good teaser. Here's Mine

tweezle said...

What an awesome teaser! You can't stop there - I want to know more!!! Looks like another book to add to my ever growing wish list :)

Here's the link to mine:
http://tweezlereads.blogspot.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesday_16.html

Jennifer said...

How scary! Great teaser. Mine is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesdays-things-that-keep-us.html

Wall-to-wall books said...

Oh good teaser, sounds exciting!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Missy!

Natalie W said...

Very interesting teaser. I'll have to check back for your review. Love the way your blog looks!

Barbara said...

I love your cat photos and images! and what a great teaser!

here's mine
http://blog.readinggroupchoices.com/content/blog/barbara/10/february/teaser-tuesday-216-brava-valentine

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

Ooh, sounds scary. Not the kind of thing to read alone at night!

The Bumbles said...

Holy crap - I was intrigued by the creepy teaser, and then I saw that the book was non-fiction. Excellent teaser!

Natalie W said...

I know I already posted a comment but I wanted to tell you I have a award for you :http://www.thebookinn.net/2010/02/wonderful-awards.html !!

Parsley said...

Totally unrelated to your post but I had to comment. I saw your comment about your Chis waiting for food to drop (on Blue Ridge Boomer)and I wanted to see your fur babies.

Love them! Kisses to your pups and kitties.

I have 6 dogs. 3 are little Chis.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva