I love love love memoirs and autobiographies! Lucky for me, Melissa at The Betty and Boo Chronicles is hosting The Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge of 2010! Many thanks to Melissa for hosting this challenge.
Here are the details:
2. The challenge will run from January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010. You're welcome to join anytime.
3. Memoirs, letters, diaries, and autobiographies count as reads for this challenge. (Basically, if you think it is the stuff of memoir, it counts.)
4. Overlaps with other challenges are allowed. Audiobooks and e-books are also allowed.
5. Participants are encouraged to read at least 4 memoirs/diaries/letters/autobiography books in 2010. (Of course, more are fine!) The four was kind of a random number because I was thinking about the seasons of our lives ... hence, four memoirs ... but I want this to be a fun, low-key challenge, especially for those who might be new to memoirs or haven't tried them before.
6. You're not required to make a list, but feel free to do so. You can change your list anytime. I'll do a separate post with some thoughts, and will compile yours too. (Just leave them in the comments.)
8. Feel free to grab the button that Florinda made for us!
Ok, so I really couldn't resist this challenge...I am so excited! Here are some of the books that I am planning to read:
Dreaming In Libro: How a Good Dog Tamed A Bad Woman by Louise Bernikow
Life Al Dente by Gina Cascone
Jesus Land: A Memoir by Julia Sheeres
Manic: A Memoir by Terri Cheney
Never Let Me Down: A Memoir by Susan J. Miller
Cowboy and Wills by Monica Holloway
What about you? Will you join this wonderful stress-free challenge?