I saw this meme at The Bookkittten's blog, and wanted to participate!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
I started blogging....I had never blogged before, and finally felt bold enough to try it. I am so glad that I did!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't bother with New Year's Resolutions...I don't like to be under pressure!
3. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
At home, with my husband, my 2 Chihuahua's and 3 cats...my dear family!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My mom has not passed away, but she was diagnosed with Dementia in September. I feel like I have already lost her because she no longer talks or interacts with me.
5. What countries did you visit?
None...I stayed right here in the US.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A more positive outlook on life....
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 24th - the day my mom fell in the nursing home and broke her hip - 2 days afterwards is when she stopped speaking to me.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being able to express myself on my blogs - writing about my childhood memories.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Having a negative attitude, and beating myself up on a daily basis.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Besides having a nasty stomach bug the week before Christmas, I was relatively healthy in 2009!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iPod - I don't go anywhere without it!
12. Where did most of your money go?
The mortgage, and my pets monthly vet bills for medicine and food.
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift
14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Visit with friends - Everybody is so busy all of the time
15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worry and being angry
16. What was your favourite TV program?
Two and A Half Men
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone.....
18. What was the best book you read?
Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Christian Rock and Pop: Casting Crowns, Red, Big Daddy Weave, Bo Bice, Taylor Hicks - and some new groups that I discovered: The Kooks, Busted, Copeland and Ari Hest.
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Blind Side - it was awesome!
21. What did you do on your birthday?
Took the day off from work and went to a huge used book sale, then out to lunch with my husband.
22. What kept you sane?
My husband...he is my rock.
23. Who did you miss?
My dad, who lives so far away, my mom who is here but isn't, and my dear friend Julye, who passed away from breast cancer in 1997...I miss her every day.
24. Who was the best new person you have met?
Cecile from All I Want And More - she is a fantastic person and a wonderful friend!
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Be happy each day that you wake up, love the ones around you, cherish the ones that you miss, and always look at the bright side of any situation.
Happy New Year to you all!
10 hours ago