Saturday, April 18, 2009

~BOOK REVIEW~ Forgive Me by Amanda Eyre Ward


From the back cover: Nadine Morgan thinks she has the life she's always wanted. After fleeing her childhood home on Cape Cod, she chases down the world's most dangerous stories as a foreign correspondent, leaving each place before her ties grow too deep. But in Cape Town, South Africa, Nadine discovers a story-and a man-she can't forget.


A decade later, Nadine returns to South Africa to cover a murder trial. When she revisits the city where she left her heart, her story begins to converge with that of a young boy who dreams of stardom. When Nadine glimpses the possibility of a new kind of life, she is forced to determine who she really is, and who she wants to become.




To start my review off (on the wrong foot), I disliked this book. I suppose when you don't like the main character of a story, it kind of affects the whole book/story/other characters. It irritated me the way that Nadine would run from anyone who wanted to get close to her.

The story has a twist, which I will not disclose, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read this book yet. It was unanticipated, but it really didn't help the story redeem itself in any way with me.

I enjoyed Sleep Towards Heaven and How To Become Lost, and I was excited when this book was released. I can only hope that her next book is much better than this one was.


Two Stars

Publisher: Ballantine Books

Pages: 238

ISBN: 978-0-345-49447-4

2 comments:

Thoughts of Joy said...

I have one or two books by this author on my TBR Shelf. I don't think either of them is this book. Maybe that's a good thing. :)

BTW - I e-mailed you yesterday (Saturday).

avisannschild said...

I almost wrote my comment to you on the wrong blog, because it turns out Melissa at Shhh I'm Reading also wrote a negative review of this book (which I already had open in my browser). Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed How to Be Lost! Thanks for pointing me towards this review.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva