Thursday, May 31, 2012

Book Review - The Secret of Lies by Barbara Forte Abate


From Goodreads:

Propelled by an insurmountable sense of desperation, Stevie Burke is recklessly abandoning home, husband, and outwardly contented life under cover of night; at last resigned to defeat in her long battle against the tortured memories of her past.

Days later, lost and floundering in a dreary motel room without plan or destination, it is a long ago song playing on the radio that gently tugs Stevie back through the dust of remembrance. 1957 - The last summer spent at the ancient house overlooking the North Atlantic. A season which had unfolded with abundant promise, but then spiraled horribly out of control - torn apart by a shattering tragedy that remains splintered in fragments upon her soul. And it is only now, when Stevie at last lifts her eyes to stare deep into the heart of her long sequestered memories, that the long held secrets of past and future are at last unveiled.

My Thoughts:

This was one of those books that I devoured.....I thought about it when I wasn't reading it, and could not wait to get home from work to continue reading it. The story keeps a good pace, the characters are very likable, and the story line is great. I also liked the time period it was set in....the late 50's - 60's. I didn't want it to end! I will be keeping my eye out for more books by Barbara Forte Abate ~ The Secret of Lies gets 5 Bunnies!!

1 comment:

Zibilee said...

This book does sound like it ha an intense impact on you, and that intrigues me. I haven't heard much about it, but your review makes me want to check it out as soon as possible. I love books that just suck you into the world between the pages. Very wonderful review today, Missy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva