Monday, November 23, 2009

Mailbox Monday


I hit the booksale one more time before it ended. Friday (11/20) was my birthday. I took the day off from work, and went to buy more books! Here are some of my finds:

A Perfect Arrangement by Suzanne Berne

Beyond The Waves
by Elizabeth Marek

Look Back All the Green Valley
by Fred Chappell

Every Night, Josephine! by Jacqueline Susann

Promise Not To Tell
by Jennifer McMahon

Island Of Lost Girls by Jennifer McMahon

A Certain Slant of Light
by Laura Whitcomb

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin

An Ocean in Iowa
by Peter Hedges

What was in YOUR mailbox today??














11 comments:

Donna said...

I've never read that Jacqueline Susann book - though I read another of hers years ago. Your other books look good too, especially Beyond the Waves. I haven't heard of it before but the title is intriguing!

serendipity_viv said...

I just loved A Certain Slant of Light. I thought it was a really original story. I hope you love it too.

Blodeuedd said...

Sure the best way to celebrate a bday :D

Ashley Amanda said...

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Stephanie said...

What a great mail week!

Stephanie said...

... and happy, HAPPY belated birthday! Sorry -- I got a little trigger happy with that "publish your comment" button.

Jo-Jo said...

Well I bet all of these new books helped you have a happy birthday....I hope it was most wonderful!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I really liked Promise Not to Tell; enjoy

Wall-to-wall books said...

AAAHHH, Happy Birthday!!!!
I read Promise not to tell, it was very good.

Unknown said...

I just came to your blog by accident. I just wanted to say hi. I see that you are from N. Carolina. I am from S. Carolina. If you are interested come and stop by at htpp://susan's Literary Cafe. Blogspot.com

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Happy Birthday, Missy!

Jacqueline Susann. That is a blast for your years ago memories. I didn't know she wrote more than The Valley of the Dolls. I'll look forward to your review.

Hope you had a good birthday.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Enchanted Neighborhood kit by Irene Alexeeva